My wife and I have been running an online training company for doulas (childbirth labor coach/support person) for the past five years. We’ve certified nearly a hundred women over that time, and are still working to put in place tools to ensure the longevity of this service.
I bootstrapped a Learning Management System as a plugin in WordPress that has delivered 5,000 hours in training to 1,100 subscribers in 10 countries and generated $30K in annual revenue. I’ve spoken at the local WordCamp about WP Multisite in business strategy.
I got Chitwood Feeds (a local propane gas dealer) to the top of search results for “Propane Gas in Maricopa, AZ” through a combination of website SEO and claiming their Google Local business listing.
I built a custom coloring page website (www.coloringpagekids.com, now defunct) which saw a 91% user increase over a three-year span. The highest year saw 56K users and 135K page views. Daily users averaged around 250/day and 500 pageviews/day over a year span with an average bounce rate below 50%.
I have designed and staged an ongoing company newsletter through Campaign Monitor over a span of four years. Our email subscriber list increased from 150 to 1,300 subscribers with an average email open rate of 27% and an average click through rate of 19%.
I have taken multiple 2nd place awards at film festival competitions in animated video, produced on shoe-string and non-existent budgets.
PHP, MySQL, Jquery, CSS, WordPress, GitHub, Docker, Responsive Web Design, Email Marketing, SEO, social media, and analytics. Open Source technologies, LAMP. Small business management and marketing. Video and animation production. English/Spanish speaking
- Online business management and marketing for niche market: https://www.trainingdoulas.com
- WordPress skinning projects: Integratechs.com, Sunswingmedia.com, Manwaringinnovations.com (now all obsolete)
- 60+ web properties developed from 2007 to 2012.
- Member Manager of niche online training program, management, marketing and web development.
- Sole proprietorship for 6+ years in web services including management of out-sourced and remote employee projects.
- On citrus farm, contributed to company sales record of gross profits over $1 million as assistant marketing manager.
Hard-working, adaptable, trust-worthy, loyal team player, with training and
problem-solving capabilities. Energetic, self-motivated, and creative individual,
with proven leadership skills. Solid experience in new media production,
marketing, and writing. Committed to high standards of character and
performance, with strong interpersonal skills. Self-teaching and resourceful.